Landcore is a mid-sized, growing civil engineering consulting firm serving the private real estate development market across many sectors in the PA/NJ/MD/DE region. We provide land development planning, design and permitting services. Founded in 2006, we utilize a flexible work environment (primarily work-from-home), capitalizing on our experienced staff to mentor our growing team and provide quality services to our client base. Our staff enjoy a generous, full suite of benefits and are motivated by clearly communicated individual and corporate goals established by the team as whole.
The ideal candidate would possess 5+ years of progressive experience in land development design and permitting and have a working knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D in regards to conveyance and grading design as well as a fundamental knowledge of stormwater management and E&S design. The candidate will possess a desire to expand their knowledge and proficiency in land development design through a mentoring relationship with other Senior Designers and Project Engineers. The candidate will have regular communication with members of the Landcore team members to provide clients with quality design documents and submission items. Time management is also a key skill, as we pride ourselves in being a timely and proactive consulting firm.
About This Position
- Designing a wide variety of land development projects across various sectors (Industrial, Commercial, Retail, Residential) in the PA and NJ region.
- Perform review of Zoning, SALDO, Stormwater and other agency ordinances/regulations for applicability to a given project.
- Provide Sr. Designer with design assistance as required for a given project.
- Prepare Preliminary Grading & Stormwater designs and establish overall grading and stormwater design strategy that best balances permitting requirements, client/tenant needs, budgetary constraints, and ease of construction/maintenance.
- Prepare Land Development Plan design packages, reports, and submissions. The design aspects of this should be able to be done independently for smaller (< 5+/- acre) projects. For larger, more complex projects, it is expected that Designers would team with and support a Senior Designer for such work.